April 20th 2019, Meike Nauta has received the ENIAC Thesis Prize for the college year 2017-2018!
The nominees were:
- Peter van Dijk met “An efficient simulation of crosslinked RAFT copolymerization”, nominated by FMT
- Thijs van Ede met “Detecting Adaptive Data Exfiltration in HTTP Traffic”, nominated by SCS
- Sander Giesselink met “Teach me CPR now!”, nominated by HMI
- Meike Nauta met “Temporal Causal Discovery and Structure Learning with Attention-Based Convolutional Neural Networks”, nominated by DS
- Shreyasi Pathak met “Automatic Structuring of Breast Cancer Radiology Reports for Quality Assurance”, nominated by DMB
- Jip Spel met “Monotonicity in Markov Chains”, nominated by FMT
Thanks to the jury: Roeland Krak (external), Rom Langerak (UTwente, informatics-related) and Anna Sperotto (UTwente, informatics-related). They scored all theses on the following criteria:
- Scientific approach
- Practical approach (“engineering approach”)
- Difficulty of research
- Readability and usability of thesis to specialists and computer scientists in general
- Benefits of research / development for greater good
Thanks all for attending, and good luck with your future careers!